• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Imaging Sessions 2012

Started by Mike, Jan 03, 2012, 11:21:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

The dates for the Imaging Sessions for 2012 are:-

17th February
25th May
24th August
16th November

All on a Friday at my house at 8pm.

If you need my address then send me a Private Message.

I am looking for volunteers to hold imaging sessions at their houses in the months in-between.

Thanks,

Mike
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

There is already a session organised at my house on 16th March and I have made it early for those who can make it as there is a conjunction of Mars and Jupiter at 7pm.  Obviously some people will not be able to make it as early.  

This session is to concentrate on webcam imaging as Mars will be in a good position at 8pm onwards and Saturn at around midnight if any-one wants to stay that long.

I would appreciate some people coming who are experienced in webcam imaging, if you could let me know.
We can also do Registax processing and post-processing which Kylee would like to see.

I have also offered another on 21st September.

Didn't Mark offer a couple of dates at High Halden as well?

Carole  

MarkS

Quote from: Carole
Didn't Mark offer a couple of dates at High Halden as well?

I did indeed, in a previous thread on the same topic:   http://forum.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/index.php?topic=7975.msg53227#msg53227

I had offered:
Sat 18 Feb
Sat 16 June
Sat 15 Dec

I'm still happy to host sessions on all 3 of those dates, though Mike has already arranged Fri 17 Feb, which was announced at the last OAS meeting.

Mark

Carole

Can only make 15th December at Mark's place.
In Iceland on 18th February and going to a wedding on 16th June.

:(

Carole

RobertM

Mike, I can do 28th September and 26th October so please put me down for those if still available.

Cheers
Robert

Mike

Thanks guys. So that makes the 2012 dates :-

17th February - Mikes
18th Feb - Marks
16th March - Caroles
25th May - Mikes
16th June - Marks
24th August - Mikes
21st September - Caroles
28th September - Roberts
26th October - Roberts
16th November - Mikes
15th Dec - Marks

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mac

is it me or are there two 21st Septembers.  :D

Mac.

Mike

Oh it's definitely just you ;)

Carole

We have doubled up in September with one on 21st and one on 28th.  I am happy to cancel mine on 21st as I am sure no-one wants two imaging sessions 1 week apart.

Carole

Mac

QuoteOh it's definitely just you
Oh good.

Mike

OK so the dates are:-

17th February - Mikes
18th Feb - Marks
16th March - Caroles
25th May - Mikes
16th June - Marks
24th August - Mikes
28th September - Roberts
26th October - Roberts
16th November - Mikes
15th Dec - Marks

Mike

Rick can you get these on the front page of the website please as they are not showing up. Thanks.

Rick

Mike

Mike

Just a reminder to you all that we have an Imaging Session at Robert's this coming Friday. Although it is early days the forecast is looking promising. We may actually get a chance to do some real imaging !