• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Solar Scope Photos.

Started by Mac, Jul 04, 2010, 13:53:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac

As we have had a glut of clear skies with that bright thingy in the sky, has anyone managed to get any images of the sun and any spots?

Mac.

RobertM

Grabbed this with the solar scope and the 450D today...

Nicely out of focus but it's a start...

mickw

Cool

Which raises a couple of questions.........................

Are you coming to DSC ?
Are you bringing the solar scope ?
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

The Thing

RobertM

Tangoed by Mick ... Now that is a worry :o

Mick, I wasn't able to go to DSC but that may now be possible - won't know till Thursday.  If not then I could drop it with Mike for the DSC...

Robert

mickw

Cheers Robert - That should ensure rain at DSC and clear skies at home over the weekend  :(
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

Yes we definitely need to have the solar scope at the DSC.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

RobertM

I'm not going to be able to get to DSC, does anyone have time to come over and pick it up?

Mike

Ahhh.. Wish I knew that earlier. I could pick it up tomorrow Robert before I go to DSC. Perhaps around 6.30 if you are in ?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

RobertM

Sorry Mike, I wanted to go but there's just too much else on.  I'll have it ready for you when you come over.

Robert

Mike