• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC7000 North American Nebula in Cygnus

Started by Fay, Sep 22, 2008, 17:09:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

13x480secs, modified Canon 350D thru ED80. Will have to mess around a bit with colour. Any tips welcome.

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

Lovely nice wide field Fay.  Was that through that grunge last night ? If so that's pretty amazing as I had trouble even making out Alpha Peg.

Is this reduced with darks, bias and flats ?

Mac

nice image.
Pity i will never get anything like that with my set up.
Might have to look in to a smaller scope, to sit on top of my one.

Daniel

Wow, can't believe you took that last night, I was out testing my new scope and decided to call it a day when even jupiter was looking crappy, It took me about 2 minutes just to locate Kochab last night due to the mist

Fay

Thanks everyone. I have reduced the size, Robert, to get it on the page. Darks & flats were done.

Daniel, I could not see many stars either & the sky was very light. I get a bit excitable when processing & think I will have another go. I got it stacking while I was still clearing away & it took so long, when I had come indoors. I was still sitting there at 1am. I just had to have a look at it before I went to bed.
I had a lot of amp glow in the corner as well.

Fay

MarkS

Fay,

I'm amazed you got anything last night - the noise in your image is 100% because of the conditions.  Taken on a clear night that would be a fantastic image. 

I was out last night also - my third(!) attempt at the Tulip Nebula.  Guess what, the nebulosity was completely swamped by the genereral grunge.  It was a waste of time.

Mark

Fay

Yes I think the camera would perform well with a dark clear sky!

RobertM

You've done very well Fay and framed it well to.  Do the same thing in France and you'll have to get it printed out to hang on your wall.

Fay

I have taken all day to get this one a bit more subtle & not tried to bring out too much.

Do you think it is better or not?

Mac

QuoteDo you think it is better or not?

I like them both.

Rocket Pooch