• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Rother Valley electrical hookups

Started by Carole, Jun 07, 2010, 21:20:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

What's the realistic situation with hook up?  I take it it's a no go for tents, or can we share one between us?

Carole

Mike

We had 2 hook-ups between 4 tents and one caravanette at the weekend.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

The warden said he'd have provided splitters if we had told him more than 2 pitches wanted electrics.

Carole

QuoteThe warden said he'd have provided splitters if we had told him more than 2 pitches wanted electrics.

Well if there is any way we could get "hooked up" I am sure Fay, Robert and I would be grateful.  I mention us 3 as we seem to be the only ones especially keen for hook up.

Carole

Mike

We have access to 4 hook-ups of which several could be split. As long as you aren't planning on running high ampage devices we will be fine.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Carole

What about my fan assisted cool box (fridge thing)?

Voltage: 12V DC
Wattage: 48W

laptop?

Carole

Mike

The laptop won't be an issue.

How many amps does the coolbox use?

Carole

QuoteHow many amps does the coolbox use?
Sorry Mike, only did very basic electricity at school.  Don't know how to find that out, thought you would be able to tell from the wattage.  The item is up in the loft at present, but if you think it might be marked on there I'll take a look. 

Carole

Mac

QuoteHow many amps does the coolbox use?
#
looking at the figures
48W
4 amps @ 12V which works out around 1/5 amp @ 240V.

so nothing realy.

Carole

Thanks Mac, so hopefully I can plug my Coolbox in during the daytime.

Carole