• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Deep Sky Camp - 2nd to 4th August - Blacklands

Started by Mike, Jul 22, 2013, 10:38:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

The Thing

A couple of great images, the crowds didn't get in the way too much then. I really like the meteor shot Mike. I don't fancy being in my pop-up tent in a thunderstorm though, at least it hasn't got metal poles.

Carole

Yes great weekend, especially what we got up to in the Event Shelter - keep them guessing  :cheesy: :cheesy:)

As the photo seems to have got lost, Tom is Les R's 13 year old son (I think it was 13 or was it 14).  Amazing for a first image.  You will have to join the society now both of you!!!

Carole

Kylee

It really was a great weekend. The shelter came in very handy for our own evening of entertainment!!
Loved your shot Mike...glad you caught one if the Perseids on there.
Really very enjoyable and lots of laughs to. Even some wildlife rescue took place!
See you all soon
Kylee  :lol:

MarkS

Great meteor shot Mike - shame you cought only one.

Mark

Fay

i do wonder if Blacklands is a no no now. too busy and bright

Fay

Tony G

Quote from: Fay on Aug 06, 2013, 21:01:05
Tom did extremely well with his Sun!

Fay

So did Les with his son Tom. :lol:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Les R

Quote from: Tony G on Aug 06, 2013, 22:46:36
Quote from: Fay on Aug 06, 2013, 21:01:05
Tom did extremely well with his Sun!

So did Les with his son Tom. :lol:

Kaboom tish!  :lol:

I'd love to have another go

MarkS

Mike

No that's me trying to image the sun at the last DSC.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

doug

Always look on the bright side of life ...

Mike

Just in case anyone is confused. Doug being an old fart deleted the aforementioned image and re-uploaded it again at a different size instead of just resizing the image he had already uploaded. Hence the image is AFTER the two replies instead of before.

Old people - bless them.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

For the benefit of idiots people like Doug. I have made a post in the PC Helpline section of the forum showing easy to follow instructions for posting and resizing images on the forum.

mickw

Quote from: Mike on Aug 27, 2013, 20:15:01
For the benefit of idiots people like Doug. I have made a post in the PC Helpline section of the forum showing easy to follow instructions for posting and resizing images on the forum.

Er, Mike, you posted it in PC Helpline not TECHNICAL  :roll:
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional