• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Blacklands Closed

Started by Rocket Pooch, Feb 12, 2010, 08:26:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

The hooks ups are round the edge Fay.

Mike, one more thought.  I did mention to Jackie about having a communal tent and whether we could have this at a reduced rate.  I can't remember what was decided, but it might have been something like half price.  With the current weather I think we would be glad of the communal tent.  Maybe the fees that the "day trippers" pay could cover that, or we all put £1 per night each in the pot to cover it.  

Just a thought.

Carole

mickw

Just need to buy one, store it then transport it then  ;)
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

I keep ring that campsites number but just keep getting a message "Sorry there is a fault. Please try again".
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

OK finally got through. We are booked in and hook-ups arranged. It is £9 per night and £3.50 for electric.

Please bring CASH at the weekend. No cash - no entry - simple as that.

I will be provided with the padlock code on Thursday.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

ok Mike/Carole, thanks sorting it, I'll get a tipple for you to drink :-)

mickw

I assume we have seen the weather forecasts   

Do you think Blacklands would lend us their Ark   :lol:

Thanks Mike & Carole
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mac

Mike can i reserve a hook up please for three nights.
So i'll owe you £37.50.
Mac.

Rocket Pooch

Don't worry about the weather, its going to be a great weekend, just need a floatation device and warm coat for Frodo!

Fay

i am thinking of borrowing what Frodo has already!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Tony G

Can I book one of the hook-up(if there are any left), and I don't mind if someone wants to run some extension leads from mine to there tents, as I'll be there from Friday afternoon until Monday. It's just that I don't want to get down there on Friday and take a hook-up, and then someone comes down later and says that the one I'm using is their one and all that!
If it's a problem, then if possible I'll ask Chris to run a lead from the 'Pikey 2000'

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

you can share my one if you want Tony
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

All the available hook-ups for tents are taken apparently. Only ones for hard standing (caravans) left.

Ian

Tony, don't Hilti have a tool for getting tent pegs into concrete?

Mac

QuoteAll the available hook-ups for tents are taken apparently. Only ones for hard standing (caravans) left.

Mr G, we need your length ;)

Carole

QuoteAll the available hook-ups for tents are taken apparently
Do you mean all the tent hook ups were taken prior to you ringing?
Or do you mean some of us have taken up what was left and there are no more left (does that make sense ?).  Only Jackie told me on Saturday there were 5 hooks ups available.  Chris and Mick take 2 (as hard standing take priority), so there should be 3 more.

Me, Fay and Mac I think were the first 3 to speak up.

Unless of course she's had other bookings since I spoke to her.

I just hope now the place lives up to expectations.  You can't be 100% sure until you try it out.  

Carole