• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Re: Deep Sky Camp - July 27th to 30th

Started by MarkS, Jul 23, 2012, 08:19:20

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

Serious question - is it all confirmed for this weekend 27/28 July?

Who else intends to go?

Mark

julian

I'm up for Saturday can't do Friday weather permitting .
Julian

Mike

The forecast for the weekend looks pretty dire. Hopefully it will get better as the week goes on. Looks like the Olympic Opening Ceremony will be a complete washout.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

The Thing

I'm going if the forecast improves. Thunderstorms aren't attractive on a campsite.

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mike

I really want to go this weekend as it's been way too long but the forecast would need to improve a lot before it would be worth it.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Rocket Pooch

I'll be setting up in my garden, I have room for two tents if anyone wants to come over Saturday.

If so PM me, not as dark as the other place though.

MarkS

Quote from: The Thing
Thunderstorms aren't attractive on a campsite.

I enjoy thunderstorms while camping - the deafening sound of heavy raindrops pounding on the canvas whilst I'm tucked up safe and snug in a sleeping bag.  It brings one close to nature.

The weather forecasters will only say that the hot spell will come to an end on Friday but refuse to be drawn on whether it will go out with a bang or a whimper.  I suppose they don't be to be caught out with a wrong forecast for the Opening Ceremony.

Mike

Well the forecast for the weekend looks a lot better today than it did yesterday. Hopefully it will continue to improve. Even if it's only good enough to do a bit of visual i'll go.

Fay

i will not be coming now. I have done something to my right buttock (I can hear you laughing already!) It is like i have a knife in my side. sitting down is like falling on my sword!! ok when i get walking around but one false move is a BIG problem. going to doctor tomorrow.

Carole

Really sorry to hear that Fay.  Sounds really painful. 

Carole

Tony G

Fay,

I think you give us to much information sometimes.  :roll:

I hope the pain in your but-tock (Forrest Gump) is better soon.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Fay

thanks Carole, Tony. I did not know how to word it!!!!!!!

Carole

I had a pain in my right buttock when I was heavily pregnant - it stemmed from the lower pelvis where the ligaments had collapsed (which I blame on the heavy lifting from my nursing days) and everything was pressing on the nerve.  I was in so much pain at times that people kept thinking I was in labour.  Still get a bit of Jip from it from time to time, but nothing like it was at that time. 

Fay

I'd better be careful when out shopping then! Don't want to rushed off to the labour ward!!