• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M103 Open Cluster Cassiopeia

Started by Fay, Dec 06, 2007, 13:22:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

Ventured onto the patio. All cables blowing wildly in the wind! Managed to get this with the SX, had to delete a couple of subs, because of trailing, I assume either due to the wind or cluster going over the meridian.

3 x 300 secs cls filter

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rick

Good shot. No way I could have used my scope in the wind that was blowing last night.

Ian

I think wind might be the way of things at DSC tomorrow.

Not that that will be a surprise to anyone. Paul is going isn't he?

Are you going to attempt some RGB to go with it?

Fay

Ian, I am not a glutton for punishment!!!! It stays as it is!

Thanks Rick. All the cables were blowing about. The Shoestring was swaying from side to side. I was on the patio in as much of a sheltered position as I could be.

Bit like Scott of the Antarctic!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

Can't believe how well you managed to capture that with all the wind.

I took the best part of five minutes of mpegs of Mars with the C9.25 and all I got for the trouble was two dark smudges on the disk.  Couldn't even focus properly as it was bouncing about 2-3 planet diameters continuously.  Too embarassed to put it on the gallery but will try again if the wind dies down. 

Rick

I wonder what the wind has planned for the next few nights. Last night it was howling all night. Most disturbing...  :-?

Mike

We've had worse. Once you've had a half dome marquee rolling down the field in a tropical monsoon with Tony diving through the air to save the sausages you can cope with anything!!  :o
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan