• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M1 Crab Nebula from Tuesnoad

Started by MarkS, Dec 10, 2007, 06:11:15

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkS

This is my only partway successful image from Tuesnoad - I know it could be better.  All the others were swamped in noise - I'll be coming back for some advice on them so I can learn from the failures.  Perhaps I need longer subs, for which I'll need to guide.

Tuesnoad was great fun even though very wet, windy, cold and muddy!  And the skies were terrific.  My thanks to everyone who contributed in different ways to make it so enjoyable for a newbie.

Details of image:  Canon EOS300D on a Celestron C11,  120 x 30sec unguided (=60min), stacked and cropped.

Fay

Mark, you tried so hard to get this on Friday & it was well worth the effort. You have done so well & persevered. You arelike Tony, well on the way now.
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Mark - It was good meeting you on Friday & glad you got the cable issue sorted with your mount... Your image is very good seeing how short the subs are. I would definitely recommend going route of guiding so you can increase exposures - something like 5mins is good with the EOS for most DSO's...

Cheers,  John

Jim

Glad you could come Mark, if you've enjoyed what has been our wettest DSC then you'll definately enjoy the others!  I do like the picture, it's an interesting subject.

Tony G

Mark,
Great image and I remember you was imaging the horsehead on Saturday, and was wondering how that turned out?
Keep up the good work.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

MarkS

How did the Horsehead turn out?  Very badly!  It was my first ever experiment with something so faint - it was completely invisible in the telescope eyepiece so it took me quite a while even to find it.  I did 90 minutes of 30sec subs but after stacking it, the result was very noisy.  I'll post it later on in the Technical section 'cos I'm gonna a bit of advice ...