• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Scadbury Park

Started by Tony G, Oct 18, 2007, 20:47:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony G

Just wondered if anyone from the society was doing anything at Scadbury Park on Sat 20th Oct, as it is saying that there is observing of the moon through telescopes for member of the public in the local paper (new shopper) and if I remember, it was mentioned at a meeting recently.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Jim

Hi Tony

I mentioned this at the last meeting.  We're running a Moon watch event for the Public under the auspices of Bromley's Parks events programme.  It's at Scadbury Park on Sat starting 7pm.  Plan is for Tony Buik to give a talk on the moon and then for us to supervise some observing (If clear. If not Tony will extend his talk).  Myself and Carole Pope are taking our scopes down.  Please do come if you fancy helping out, we could do with another hand, and bring your scope.  If anyone else fancies coming to help out let me know. 

All members are of course welcome to attend but will need to prebook with the office at High Elms as they are limiting the numbers (about 30 I think).  Here's the link
http://www.bromley.gov.uk/MeetingsEventsConsultations/Events/2007-10/walks_and_talks_programme_-_moon_watch.htm

Lets hope the skys stay clear...

Tony G

Jim,

If i'm not working Sunday which I won't know until tomorrow, I'll most probably see you there.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

I would have liked to attend this, but I am away this weekend visiting family in Cheshire.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan