• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

FIRST LIGHT 2013........................

Started by Mac, May 01, 2013, 18:31:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Mac

About kin time.
Well as most of you know, i had a slight problem with my old laptop, in the fact that the SkyShed pod turned it into a fishtank, but thats another story.
Now that the moisture problems is sorted (Hopefully) with the fitting of an auto humidity extractor fan.
I decided to get everything else up and running.

So using Caroles old laptop, which works fine after all the JUNK :! was removed from it!
Runs like a dream now, not like the very very slow thing i was given (its much appreciated though).

I was running Maxim 5 controlling both the HX9 & Loadstar.
Starrynight Plus Telescope Connect Window with all the satellites animated.
and Ascom to control the scope movement.

I left it running on 300s subs and guiding on a fixed point and everything was fine, cpu ticking over at about 40% it is an old laptop.

So i set up an object at the end of the garden on a chair and took First light this afternoon.

20 Bias, 20 Dark.
10 Ha
10 Hb
10 Oiii

Stacked and calibrated in Maxim.

Ta Da.

Have not completely set up the correct RGB values in maxim but im not too woried as i normally do this in Photoshop
after they have been aligned.

Next i need to get the net woking set up but thats just a cable to the dome.
Now fingers crossed all i need to do is the following

Polar align and clean all the optics and they need an annual service.

Mac.

MarkS

Looking forward to some real astro-pics!

Carole

Glad the laptop was of some use Mac.

Carole

Mac

Aye, it's much appreciated thank you.

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Quotenot like the very very slow thing i was given (its much appreciated though).
That's why I got rid of it, thought you were going to use it for spare parts, can't believe it's running again.

Carole

Mac

Its easy, it just knowing what you can turn of in windows, 70% of the stuff thats turnned on is not normally needed. I was even looking at windows embedded which is an even smaller footprint.

Mac.