• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC - First night...

Started by JohnP, Dec 08, 2007, 11:04:38

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

I was down at DSC last night with Luke & for a change we didn't camp or image - the weather forecasts all week had convinced me it was going to be blustery & cloudy. Wow! it couldn't have been any different - it was crystal clear from about 7'ish & still clear when I left at 12. There is a good few down there camping inc. Mike & Cris, Ian, Chris, Mick, Jeff & Miriam, Paul, Jim, Tony, Mark. Mac (& lottie) - Fay also visited on the night & did some imaging. The field is very wet & it was a bit slippery geeting in... Looks like some great images were getting taken & can't wait to see results from Fay, Tony (Yes...! way to go...), Ian & Mike (he had an unbelievable looking horsehead in process when I left)...

Visually the skies were great - 17P-Holmes was as clear as anything - just looked like a small stationary cloud... (looking forward to seeing all those images)..

It was a great night & although, I didn't image it made a nice change to be able to wander round & chat with people instead. Looks like the Whiskey was starting to flow as I left so I'm guessing there may be a few sore heads today.... :-)

John.

Carole

John, Do you know the following:
a) Is there no signal at DSC as I've rung Mike. Miram and Jim and all are either unobtainable or on answerphone.
b) I am trying to ascertain if Mike has put my tent up yet as I am still undecided whether to go (weather).
I have to take my son to the airport at 1.30, so if I haven't managed to get hold of any-one or have heard from yourself I shall have to go anyway as Mike won't be best pleased if he has put my tent up and then I don't turn up and then he has to take it down again.  If he hasn;t put it up when I get down there and it is dark I'll just sleep in the car.

Also do you have any other mobile numbers I could try of those who are down there.  If you have, let me know and send a messgae to my message box.

Thanks
Carole