• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Food for Deep Sky Camp

Started by Mike, Nov 23, 2007, 16:44:44

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

YOU decide !
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

So I take it you don't want ANY food cooked by me then? Is it that bad? :(
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

JohnP

Ian

well I'm one of the four who want to sample your chilli, but it was a close thing with the hot curry...

Mike

Silly me - I hadn't voted myself so didn't see the results  :oops:

OK, well the vote is open for a bit longer, but it looks liek it is going to be a Chilli !   :lol:

Tony G

Why is it we can only vote for one, when we are there all weekend, can we have curry Friday, chilli Saturday, roast beef Sunday and full breakfast Monday morning.
This is the only time that I get a hot meal that doesn't involve a mircowave.
(Flis if you read this I was only joking) :-?

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mike

Sure, if you're willing to cook all those we can gladly have them every day ;)

Ian

can't we buy a cow from a local farmer? We could butcher it and roast it over the fire and eat it during the course of DSC. Or, if Tony's taking his barbecue, I'd quite like a rematch of the Atkins breakfast...

Mike

Hold on to your botties, Hot Curry is rapidly gaining pace on Chilli.

Ian

if we all get a bit of Johnny Cash, do you think the facilities will be able to cope?

Mike

Hey, not with my cooking !  :twisted:

Ian

if we don't get Johnny Cash mate, it means you didn't make it hot enough...

Nothing wrong with your cooking :cheesy:

Mike

OK Chilli it is then ! There will be a mild pot for the ladies (and Jeff) and a fiery one for the real men ;)

Ian

please feed Jeff the hot one, he goes such a funny colour...

:twisted:

Mike

Oh don't worry - once he's had a few glasses of wine i'll dare him to eat a whole fire stick in less than ten seconds.

Carole

We're being a bit sexist here, who says the ladies will want a mild one and the men a seriously hot one.  I think I want a medium one, so will have a bit from each pot and mix it!

Glad it's chilli though it's one of my favourite meals and I would like to say thanks to Mike for always being the "slave" and cooking for us.

carole

Mike

"The Ladies" being a 'Little Britain' Lady and not a generic one (i.e. Men who dress up as women, e.g. Jeff)

Tony G

Mike,

I happaned upon a handmade sauce purchased from Borough Market a few weeks ago, which is called FIREBALL chilli sauce and was wondering if you would like to sample some in the chilli.
(or just Jeffs bowl)  ;) 

this is seriously hot. :twisted:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Mac

I'm up for the fireball one.

Mike

Of course ! Bring it along  :twisted:

I will also bring along some bottles of the Levi Roots sauces, to go on your sausages and bacon in the mornings, which are also nice and hot :)

What with all of this chilli, hot sauces, garlic beans, etc. we will generate more than enough wind to blow the clouds away !  :cheesy:

Carole

Is Paul coming, if so tell him to bring a parachute then.

Get my drift?

Carole

Ian

shouldn't expect any problems getting my kite into the air then.

Of course, I might go an odd green colour...