• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

M42 re processed

Started by Fay, Jan 15, 2010, 16:29:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

This M42 was taken last january. 27x240 secs, ED80 Canon 350D, cls filter I have had a reprocess.
original http://gallery.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/displayimage-4-19.html

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

That looks really good Fay, can you post the original for comparison.

Carole

Fay

Carole, I have put the gallery link on there, to original. Does it work?

Rick

The link you posted is a relative one based on its position in one of the albums. It works at the moment, but it won't work if someone changes the album. I think this gallery link is correct and will remain un-changed.

http://gallery.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/displayimage-711.html

Carole

Hi Fay, yes it works.  

What a transformation from the image last year.  Would you say this is due to your processing skills having improved such a lot over the last year?  You would never think it was the same image, just shows how much data you can drag out if you know how.

The new one is excellent.

Carole

Fay

Thanks Carole, not perfect, but I have been brushing up on processing & probably picked up a few new tricks along the way.

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

Tony G

Great bit of processing Fay, and a big improvement. ;)

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

Fay - it does look a whole lot better - you are really getting good at processing - there is tons more detail in the 2nd & it is so much smoother. My only comment would be is that it looks like you have lost the colour - the original image shows blue nebulosity as well as red - your reprocessed image looks just red to me.. (might be my laptop of course..)

Great job anyway.. John

Fay

Thanks a lot, I will have a look at the colour

MarkS

Fay,

Overall that is a much improved re-process.  But, as John says, you have lost some colour. If you can achieve the best of both then it will be a great image.

Mark

Fay

Daniel

Wow! Fay, can't believe that's the same image, you've brought out so much of that outer dust. you must be pleased with this!

Definitely worth seeing if you can restore the blue hues, but, wow again, Im amazed how mush more detail this re-process is, bet you'll be hunting through all your old images now!

Daniel
:O)

Mac

very nice indeed..

Mac.

Fay

How kind, thanks, I sweat blood with this processing!! 

RobertM

QuoteI sweat blood with this processing!!
You're putting too much effort into it Fay  :o

That's a wonderful image, as others have already mentioned the colour balance is a bit skewed to the red but there is also lot more depth and it's very clean.  Well done, that's been time well spent.

Robert