• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

North America widefield

Started by RobertM, May 25, 2015, 22:47:19

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

This is a single frame from my holiday, unfortunately the clouds rolled in and this is as far as I got with this one.

Sony A7s, RH200 30s@ISO2000, no darks, flats or bias, all processing in PI.

Warts here: https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7770/18070297536_afb213506d_o.jpg
Yes there was quite a bit of NR.

Kenny

RobertM

That's very kind Kenny but there is so much wrong with it.  I posted more as an example of what the can be achieved with a single short sub plus I was trying different techniques in Pixinsight.  I would not normally post these but I was surprised how much information there was.

JohnP

RobertM

MarkS

Single frame?!?!  :o

Wow. I'm really looking forward to trying this myself with the A7S!

Mark

RobertM

Quote from: MarkS on May 26, 2015, 13:05:59
Single frame?!?!  :o

Yes single frame with the target 30-40 degrees above the horizon.  I'll post other shots as they are processed.

Fay

well that looks good Robert!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

Carole

Amazing for a single 30sec sub and I presume unmodded. 

Carole

RobertM

It sure would be amazing if it was unmodded but alas it was modded (all filters removed).

Carole

Ah, was just going by the colour.

Carole

RobertM

Anything in particular about the colour ?

Carole

It looked like the pale colour of the unmodded DSLR images I have seen that's all.

Carole

RobertM

That's my naive attempt at processing.  My DSLR workflow is giving me a lot of trouble - something I'm still getting to grips with in PixInsight.

Fay

How long an exposure would you have to do with a 7.5 scope to get same result, Robert?
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

Something like about 7 times but you would need extremely well corrected optics to make full use of the sensor size.