• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Anyone have a interval timer for EOS 300/350/400/450D...

Started by RobertM, Jun 18, 2008, 14:25:30

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

Anyone have one, and if so could I be cheeky and borrow it for a week - going away tomorrow ... otherwise I'll have to take the lappie.  The one I ordered doesn't work and it's too late to get another.

Thanks
Robert

MarkS

I have a remote control switch that works with the "bulb" shutter speed setting but you would have to do your own timing (with a digital kitchen timer?).  I've done it many times myself ...

RobertM

Thanks Mark, but unless someone has an interval timer I think I'll take the Laptop now it's working again.  I just want to set it up and leave it in auto mode so I can get some kip... the egg timer sounds like I'll have to concentrate ;)

MarkS

So,
astrophotography =
1) Set it up in auto mode
2) Fall asleep
3) Wake up to lots of pretty pictures
:)

Mike

Quote from: RobertM on Jun 18, 2008, 17:07:20......and leave it in auto mode so I can get some kip....

What the... !!!??

Why not just download pictures from APOD?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

Quote from: Mike on Jun 18, 2008, 19:06:11
Quote from: RobertM on Jun 18, 2008, 17:07:20......and leave it in auto mode so I can get some kip....

What the... !!!??

Why not just download pictures from APOD?

How about people who wear coats when they're imaging then? Not hardcore enough either...

(Mike, I'm in a bad mood this evening, hope it doesn't show)

Mike

Naked astrophotography! It's a new sport. Who needs clothes in the dark anyway?

Just be careful what you do with your laser pointer.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Ian

well, not put it in your pocket to keep it warm...

any suggestions anyone? Fay, you often manage to put your foot in it. :D

Ian

Bum Bag...

(I think this is the tamest insult-hurling I've ever seen)

Fay

I have managed to engage brain, & it's telling me not to comment!!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!