• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Previews and Works-in-Progress

Started by Rick, Sep 06, 2007, 17:05:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

After some consideration I've renamed the "Members' Own" section of the new gallery to:

Previews and Works-in-Progress
A place for members to post quick results, previews, and other images they don't yet wish to incorporate in the main gallery.

I've done this because the Society gallery is primarily intended to be a place for us to show off our work collectively, as a Society, with images taken by our members shown side-by-side.

You can easily find all the images uploaded by one person by clicking on their name and then following the link (which will end up looking something like this: http://gallery.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/thumbnails-lastupby.html&uid=5 ).

I will try to make sure that each gallery user has at least one album within the Previews and Works-in-Progress category.

Rick

QuoteI will try to make sure that each gallery user has at least one album within the Previews and Works-in-Progress category.
I hope I've now done this successfully. More or less...

Folks who were helping test the gallery before it went live will find that the personal albums they had created will have vanished. I hope I've found all the images which were in these albums, and moved them to other albums as seemed appropriate to me at the time. (I figured if an image had a title and some descriptive information then it belonged in an album in one of the main gallery categories, and if it didn't then it belonged in its owner's Previews album.)

Everyone who has images in any album in the gallery should be able to edit and update them provided they've logged in. If you don't know your ID or password, send me a message.