• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Auriga

Started by Whitters, Feb 03, 2013, 22:57:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitters

3x300 second, Canon 450D (Modified) Canon f1.4 50mm at f4. Astronomics CLS filter.

Whitters

Wasn't appy with the colour balance, had another go. Please tell me which you prefer.

Carole

Much prefer the 2nd version Paul.  Very nice star field.  The flaming star shows up well.  It's not until you see widefields such as this that you realise the size of these objects.

Carole

Mike

Veeeeeerrryyyy sllllooooowwwww toooo loooooaaaaddddd ttthhhhheeee immmmaaaggggeesss....!!!

But nice all the same :)

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

Very nice Paul, i like the second one best as well. nice to know you still get out there!!

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

The Thing

Very nice Paul. I'm with Fay, the second one looks better.

Whitters

Thanks folks, I preferred the second too.
It's taking time to load probably 'cos I've just signedup to live drive and got around a terabyte to send to the cloud. So my poor little server is busy sending a few gig a day and then trying to squeeze serving my website. All from the sticks, at  half meg upload speed. Never mind I recon it should be fully backed up by next December. ;-)

mickw

Nice one Paul and I agree with others the second one is much better
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

MarkS

As everyone else says, that's a good image and the 2nd is the best.

Widefields like that definitely help to put everything in context.

Mark

JohnP

A very nice widefield Paul. Definitely the second.

John.

Tony G

Paul,

Second one for me, but liking the defractions spikes as well.

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson