• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Rosette Nebula in Monocerous

Started by Fay, Feb 22, 2009, 19:50:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

This was taken at DSC. 18x300 secs with modified Canon 350D, ED80, 0.8FR. Guided with PHD/ ZS66. Will probably reprocess.

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Carole

Wow Fay, Didn't realise you were doing the Rosette last night, although I guess I was too busy myself to notice.

Lovely image Fay (as usual).

Carole

JohnP

Yep Fay - tremendous result & very well processed as well. A great result,  John

RobertM

Looks stunning Fay, excellent framing, guiding and nicely in focus to my eyes.  There is a bit of noise in the fainter areas but I'm sure you can get rid of that with a bit more processing.

Rocket Pooch

Very good even with that green laser pointer roaming around...

Fay

Thankyou every one, they are very kind remarks

Mac

Tony G

Great image Fay, and I think the comment about the laser was aimed at me, so my apologies for that.  :(

But as for the Khoom Fays thats another matter.  :twisted:

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

MarkS

Fay,

You've captured some good detail there and there are some very faint bits beginning to appear.  It's also a good scale.  I think if you tone the processing down a bit it willl look a bit more natural.

It's not an easy target for a DSLR!

Mark

Fay

Tony, lasers.........that explains the two thick lines I had going through. I have spent ages trying to find the sub with the strong lines going across.
It is weird, the lines are strong when stacked but I cannot find them on the individual subs. Am I imagining this?

Fay

Mac, I was worried about my Canon batteries running out, as they went down quite fast, but have thought, they could have been charged up with your Jenny

JohnP

Quotethey could have been charged up with your Jenny

Who is Jenny... Was she down there on Saturday night I didn't meet her...   :lol:

Fay

Mark, I could not remember if I should set Auto White Balance or Camera White Balance in DSS for stacking DSLR images. Please can you remind me?

Thanks

Fay

Does that  sound right....................I could have charged up on Mac's Jenny?????????????????

JohnP

Fay - I wasn't questioning your grammar just the spelling you used for 'Jenny' think it should be 'Genny' as in Generator... :-) I had some vision of Mac at DSC with a lady friend called Jenny....