• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Another Lulin animation...

Started by RobertM, Mar 06, 2009, 21:58:07

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertM

Comet Lulin from 5th March 2009 
Poor sky conditions...

This is comprised of 1 minute exposures 2 minutes apart covering an hour of elapsed time from 11:30pm to 00:30am

http://gallery.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/albums/userpics/10031/star-movement000000.gif

JohnP

That's interesting Robert you did the animation around the other way i.e. kept comet still & stars move.. was that intentional... also, can you get gif to auto loop?

Looks good though - John

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

RobertM

Yes John, it turned out as I intended and I took the concious decision not to loop it but will redo with a loop now I've had a complaint ;)  I tried to use the new version of Registax for the animation, though it works well it doesn't do gifs and also there's no way of putting a delay between frames.  In the end I used PS, talk about palava...  at least I can do it now so it'll be easier next time.  Will post another with the stars still as well if I get time.

JohnP

I did mine in PS - I thought it was fairly painless... When you imaged did you guide on comet or stars...?

Mike

Woh!! How did I miss this one? Nice animation Robert.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

A.S.I.G.N_Baz

Thanks Robert, I enjoyed that.

Baz.