• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Guiding at last...

Started by JohnP, Aug 01, 2007, 20:06:12

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

I'm happy - after getting my new mount (EQ6Pro) - managed to sort out guiding - so much easier & repeatable than LXD75. spent last night playing with mount doing Periodic Error etc. & took very quick image of bubble - did 20 x 90secs L .. Not the best image given full moon but OK...

John

Fay

Still looks very good on here, John. You should be pleased that you have succeeded in autoguiding & also taken a great image first time out.

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Thks Fay - hopefully better to come... I think that now I can do guided long exposures I'm going to quickly reach the limits of my modified webcam which will probably mean a new camera sometime soon with 16 bits/ cooling.... more money... :-(

Cheers,  John

Whitters

Nice image John, what are you using to guide?

Astroluke

Hi Paul,

Normal setup is image with Modified webcam (SC3) throough my Intes Micro MN56 & guide with another modified webcam (SC1.5) through the little WO ZS66. As you can probably gather I now have a new mount EQ6 Pro (same as Mike & Chris). As I said above with the ability to do exposures in excess of 5 mins I probably need to look at getting a 16bit cooled imaging camera at some stage..

Cheers - John.

Tony G

John,

Nice image and by the looks of things the INCIDENT :oops: last week doesn't seem to have affected the scopes at all.

Tony G

ps particularly like the star at the bottom of the image :o
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Whitters

Very impressive results, especially with a full moon not far from the field. Those EQ6's are a nice piece of kit.