• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Observing Session

Started by Mike, May 12, 2010, 12:21:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

Sorry I couldn't make it last night.

a) I was busy writing my book (had to get Chapter 1 due in by 11th May)
b) There was no reminder on the forum to remind me ;)

How did it go? It was a clear night.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

QuoteI was busy writing my book

You can write ?  :o
Sorry  ;)  What book ?

QuoteThere was no reminder on the forum

http://forum.orpington-astronomy.org.uk/index.php?topic=5653.0
:P

Much like the last time we went to H.E. - Clear sky but high clouds moving fast, by the time we got up there it was cloudy, but we did manage to get some glimpses of the sky in between the clouds.  Stayed up there for about 1/2 hour.

Phil was the only one to actually take a scope, everyone else assumed it would be clouded out.
On the plus side, we had beer  :)

Present was: Me, Doug, Rose, Ken, Dave, Nigel, Tony B and Carole

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Mike

That was done by me back in January. I meant a recent reminder (like I used to do ;) )
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

mickw

Like this on 8th May ?
QuoteJust a reminder -

Observing Evening Tuesday 11th May - Meet at the Change of Horses 8:15pm

But in future, I'll post reminders as a new subject  :-?
Git
:P

Mike

Mike

Quote from: mickw on May 12, 2010, 12:39:38
Sorry  ;)  What book ?

Yep, I'm now a bonda fida author. Signed a contract with a well known tech publisher and its due in November. Nothing to do with Astronomy at all.  It means 6 months of hard slog for me now so i'm busier than ever. Will give you more details once it is made public.

mickw

PhilB

Quote from: mickw on May 12, 2010, 12:39:38
Phil was the only one to actually take a scope.................
This was more of a "I've got the thing in my hand so I'll take it" moment than anything else. It was actually trying to rain when I left home.
"Never worry about theory as long as the machinery does what it's supposed to do."  Robert A. Heinlein