• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Witches Broom/Cygnus

Started by Fay, Jul 29, 2008, 09:40:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

After sorting out trouble with software, I only got 10x300secs on 27/07/08, which is not enough.

Not too good an image, noisy etc. Canon/ ED80/ cls filter, cropped, but no focal reducer, hence stars were all ok in the corners before cropping. 

Thanks,

Fay
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

JohnP

Hi Fay - Not bad for 50mins total.. like you say needs a lot longer & a darker site would help - Might be worth trying this again at the weekend if you get down there... This really is a tough target & you have down well to get as much as you have got...

John.

RobertM

Yes Fay I would agree that it's a bit noisy but you've done a really good job there and nice round stars to boot !

Fay

MarkS

Fay,

That image is looking good.  It needs a few more subs but you're already bringing out some good detail.  The stars look good also.

This nebula is a surprisingly difficult target.  Some of the noise is undoubtedly because of the high ambient temperature - the same evening at midnight I was outside in my T-shirt and shorts imaging Jupiter's red spot.

Mark

Fay

Yes I was out there in pyjamas!!!!! What with the light sky. Thanks anyway Mark.