• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

NGC7380 - The Wizard Nebula - Image1 - Palud-Sur-Verdon

Started by JohnP, Oct 15, 2013, 21:12:35

Previous topic - Next topic

JohnP

This is an attempt at processing one of the images I got from recent astro trip to south of France. The image represents 14 X 600 Secs with ED80 & Atik 314L+ No bias, darks or flats were used in processing because I'm lazy & never bother taking them.. I used a 7nm Baader filter. I'm sure there is probably more to be 'teased' out of this image in expert hands but this is about the best I can do. I'm particularly pleased with 'roundness' of stars in image & my thks to Robert & Chris for giving me the heads up on 'dangling' cables. Hopefully get round to processing the rest of my images in following week or so..

Thks,  John.

Carole

MarkS

Mike

That's nice John. This is one of my favourite objects. I like things with dark blobs and dust lanes in.

Did you get any colour frames?
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Tony G

Great image John,

And well worth the late nights and early mornings. ;)
Anyway, which part can I claim as being mine.............. :D

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

JohnP

Cheers Mark.
Thks Carole - Smoothness down to good skies :-)
Mike - unfortunately, no colour. A combination of issues with my Astronomik RGB's (Halo's) & again me being lazy - eager to bag several objects rather than just doing a few correctly :-( With hindsight I should have done colour as will have no chance from home..
Tony me 'ole mate - what can I say - the image is as much yours as it is mine... without the generous loan of your 12V car battery it wouldn't have been possible with all the dew we had. Image was captured late Wednesday/ early Thursday which as I remember was the night you had all the fun with your EOS. I even left it in B&W cause I know you prefer monochrome images ;-)  Cheers mate...

John

The Thing

Thats lovely John. You and Fay ought to start a mono astro imagers group!

Rocket Pooch

Yay, that came out well...  You will have to go again next year to get the colour.

mickw

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

julian

JohnP

Cheers Dunc - sounds like a good idea - we can make Mr. G chairman....
Chris - don't tempt me...!!! I'm thinking your place might be a bit closer though...
Cheers Mick, Julian - much appreciated.

John

Fay

well done John, it is as good as i remember it!
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

RobertM