• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Lunar Eclipse 270915 Canon 600d, 300mm lens, various settings

Started by Fay, Sep 28, 2015, 13:10:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Excellent.  I love the starry background to the totally eclipsed moon.

Mark

Fay

Yes but the stars are on the move. its that 300mm lens, a bit unforgiving, thanks Mark. i would have liked it larger, like yours, but left it too late to sort the Meade out

The Thing

Quote from: MarkS on Sep 28, 2015, 13:45:12
Excellent.  I love the starry background to the totally eclipsed moon.

Mark
I second that. Very photogenic.

Fay

thanks Duncan, I thought it was nice to see the stars too

RobertM

Fay

i do have some more. they could have been better if I had used the pier, but I cant see west, which was a shame, so missed some of it.

I would have liked it to be total red instead of bright along the bottom rim, as I lost my detail

Canadian Roger

That is a nice sharp lens. 

I'll second the motion...I like the slightly trailed stars as it adds a touch of dynamism.

I've found lunar eclipses to be quite difficult to photograph in such a way that they accurately reproduce what the eye sees. 

This picture, though, is very reminiscent of views I've had through binoculars of eclipses in years past ( I was completely clouded out for this one).

I had hoped to do a similar exposure with my own 300mm lens during the deepest part of totality.  It's a shame about my weather because the offset due to being 80 degrees separated in longitude would,  I'd think, have been quite obvious.

Kenny

Ooooh those are lovely Fay. Well done with the 300mm lens.