• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Proposed visit to Jodrell Bank.

Started by doug, Jul 17, 2012, 10:48:31

Previous topic - Next topic

doug

Hi all.  I have been in touch with a contact at Jodrell Bank about a visit to the complex in late October.  Now, I will be announcing this at the next meeting but need to know how many people are interested in going as well as arranging possible coaches to take us up there, if needed.  There has to be a sufficient number of people to warrant hiring a coach for the journey.

At the moment this is an exploratory suggestion; if there are insufficient numbers, then a smaller party could travel by cars; hopefully people could arrange to take passengers to minimize the number of cars in a convoy....

So please let me know at the next meeting those people who wish to go on the trip, and I can make the arrangements with the chap at Jodrell Bank.

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...

Mac

Im up for that one.

By Coach or car.

Mac.

Delphine

I would like to come on this trip.  Hope there will be enough people to go by coach.  More fun and easier that way.

Delphine

Carole

Yes, I would like to go but don't want to drive, as Delphine says a coach could be fun.

Carole

Mike

I'd be interested in that too Doug. I guess it's a case of finding out at the next meeting how many people would be definitely be interested and if its enough to hire a coach or not.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Vera

Add me to the list as well please Doug.  Car or coach no preference though a coach outing would be a bit of a novelty.  Depending on which day of the week is decided, Ron would be interested to come too.

Vera

Kylee

Me too....I'd definitely be up for that. Prefer coach though..more chilled  ;)

Mac

will the coach be doing pick ups ;)

Mac.