• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

uDSC August - Friday 6th to Monday 9th

Started by Mike, Jul 12, 2010, 18:41:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

How annoying, I wonder how many have booked and whether this is likely to happen on a regular basis, although it's probably the school holidays that are to blame.

Carole

Mike

Quote from: Space Dog on Aug 04, 2010, 11:53:03
Hi,

Has anyone got room for a little one near thier tent, I just called them, we kinda assumed the other has booked, well actually we left it too late, and apparenty they have NO room left.  Could be a busy weekend!!!!

Chris

Did you tell them you were from the OAS? They said we can all squeeze into the corner no matter how many of us there are.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Fay

well we squeezed Paul, Mark & Nigel in last time, small tents though. Really we should all book at the same time, then it would be ok, not leave a week or so inbetween.

As soon as we know the dates we could  book 12-15 or 16 automatically. I am sure we would fill them
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Rocket Pooch

I said I was with the bunch of drunken astronomers, maybe thats what put her off?

I think if I just turn up on Friday with a little tent she will fit me in, oh err!

Fay

It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

Mac

well fingers crossed i might be poping down for a day visit on the saturday, but wont be staying.

Just done an AA Route map. 2Hrs :o

Mac.

Mike

I have emailed her as she did say we could all squeeze into that corner. Your tent is small if I remember rightly Chris so you should be fine. If push comes to shove you can doss in my tent.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

Reply from Rother Valley..........

"To my knowledge I haven't turned anyone from your group away unless they haven't told me they are with the group. The only people I have booked in are yourself, Mick, Faye, Carol and a Mr Hopkins. I haven't had anyone else from your group call me.

We are full so maybe people haven't identified themselves!

Can you ask them to call or email again and I will add their names to your group.

Regards
Jackie"

So if you're not one of those above you have

a) not booked yet
b) not said you were in the OAS party

Mac

Just a thought, you did ring the correct camp site? :oops: :cheesy:.

Mike

Indeed, all DSC's are, unless specified otherwise, now held at Rother Valley

http://www.rother-valley.com/

Rother Valley Caravan Park, Station Road, Northiam,
East Sussex. TN31 6QT.

01797 253997

When you call, make sure you speak to Jackie and that you SAY YOU ARE FROM THE ORPINGTON ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY.

Tony G

Quote from: Mike on Aug 04, 2010, 13:41:56
speak to Jackie and that you SAY YOU ARE FROM THE ORPINGTON ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY.

Is Jackie deaf, and if not, why do you need to shout at her?????????????????????????? :-?

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

mickw

QuoteIs Jackie deaf

Not really, it's just that folks seem to be talking really QUIET
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

The Thing

I have spoken to Jackie. We have been allotted the usual amount of space. Don't panic, just turn up - first come first served! I hope to be there for 16:00.

Mike

Got a busy day in work so about 8pm for me probably.

mickw

Van loaded, just got to pick up the essentials - beer + fags  :D
Weather still a mixed bag but what the hell.
Better have a shave in case there are some pretty sheep  ;)

Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional