• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

Trip to the National Space Centre - Sat 25th April 2015

Started by Kenny, Nov 14, 2014, 02:02:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny

The National Space Centre in Leicester is one of the UK's leading visitor attractions devoted to space science and astronomy.
http://www.spacecentre.co.uk/
Visit planned Saturday 25th April 2015.

Facilities:

• Sir Patrick Moore Planetarium
  • Presentation to OAS (TBC): Challenges astronauts encounter whilst living in space.
  • Exhibitions: Rocket Tower, Into Space, Exploring The Universe, The Planets, Orbiting Earth, Space Now, Tranquillity Base, Meet The 2.0s, 3D Simulator.
  • Cafe on site offering variety of snacks, soup, sandwiches and refreshments.
  • 4+ hours exploring the space centre

Travel:

• Coach: 35 seat Executive Coach with toilet.
  • Approx 3ish hours each way including breaks.

Cost:

• £35 per person.
  • £10 deposit per person to be paid by Meeting Thu 18th Dec.
  • Remainder to be paid by meeting on 26th March.

Itinerary:

• Orpington Train Station: 7:15am for 7:30am departure.
  • Arrival at NSC: 10:30am.
  • Group Talk: 11:30am - 12:00pm.
  • Planetarium: 2:30pm - Back to the Moon for good.
  • Departure: 3:00pm.

If interested in going, add your names to the sheet or contact Kenny Sharp directly.

Currently 31 confirmed and paid up attendees.

ApophisAstros

RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Mike

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Kenny

Delphine

Can I bring my son as well please.

Cheers
Delphine

Kenny

Kenny

Don't forget I need the £10 pp deposit tonight or by next month's meeting on 18th December.
Cheers
Kenny

Kenny

We currently have 32 people registering interest in this visit with 35 spaces on the coach, with all but 2 deposits paid (£10 each).

I now need the remainder (£25) / full amount (£35) to be paid either at the February or March members meetings. Please can you bring cash or cheque to one of those meetings and pass to me during one of the breaks.

Thanks

RachelC

Hi there

It may not be of interest to anyone...but...about a 12 minute drive up the road from the National Space Centre is The University of Leicester car park... the place where they found Richard III remains.

Is anyone else interested in a detour seeing as we are already there? We may already pass it on the way there or back so the coach driver could just make an extra stop...
:)

Carole

If it's possible to fit it in I'd be interested.

Carole

MarkH

Me too, I believe Richard the third is a much maligned monarch for various reasons and I would be interested in visiting the site.

ApophisAstros

has it not been returned to a car park or is there something there to see?
roger
RedCat51,QHYCCD183,Atik460EX,EQ6-R.Tri-Band OSC,BaaderSII1,25" 4.5nm,Ha3.5nm,Oiii3.5nm.

Rick

Take a look at the map; it's a mile or so further into the centre of Leicester from the Space Centre...

doug

Rose and I would also like to see that, so please put our names down ..... if it happens.  :D

Doug.
Always look on the bright side of life ...