• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

DSC - 7th to 9th June

Started by Mike, Jun 01, 2013, 11:53:05

Previous topic - Next topic

mickw

The Red Arrows will be doing a display at Folkestone on Saturday.
Obviously you ain't gonna see it from Rother but you might be on the flight path to or from.
They are scheduled to appear at 2:30, so if you're interested be prepared probably between 2:00 and 3:30
Growing Old is mandatory - Growing Up is optional

Fay

Shame you wont be there Mick, you could have been on lookout duty
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

mickw

I think I'll be on "up a ladder duty"  :(

Tony G

Quote from: Rocket Pooch on Jun 03, 2013, 07:26:03
BTW I don't think I'll be going, however, I might get down on Saturday for 1 night.

Make up your mind, your going, or your not!  :roll:

If you were a real psychic you would know whether you would be there or not.

FAKE!

Tony G
"I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman." - Homer Simpson

Darian

Hi,

Are there any more spaces available for Friday and Saturday night?   Would love to come along.

One follow up question, assume no one minds if my daughter comes along.   She will be in bed for the observing and playing with the other kids in the day.

Darian

Mike

Darian,

Your daughter is welcome. Just remember that there will be a lot of expensive kit set up so as long as she knows not to touch there won't be any issues.

Yes we should have enough space. Presuming your tent is a small to medium sized. We have quite a lot of people coming down this weekend so space is at a premium. Tents need to be as far back as possible and as close to the other tents as possible so we can all fit in so remember that when pitching. A space in the middle needs to be left clear for the telescopes.

Alternatively if you have a long extension lead (presuming you need power?) you could pitch up on another pitch nearby, such as the ones along the west side and run the extension across to the main area.

Regards,

Mike
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

MarkS

But check first at reception if you pitch elsewhere - just to make sure it isn't a reserved pitch.

Sue

Bit concerned as our tent is quite large, think I may ring Jackie and book pitch 11 if no one beaten me too it - would extend our overall space a bit too I think. Not been down since Oct 11 cannot remember quite how the space looks.

Darian

Hi Mike,

My daughter is well trained and knows not to touch a thing without permission on pain of death. 

My tent is a 4m bell tent to give an idea of the size, but I will pack an extension chord just to make sure.

Darian

Mike

Sue if you can get the next pitch along then all the better but I would hazard a guess it's booked by now. If not, we simply need to squeeze all the tents next to each other and maybe put the cars all in a line somewhere else.

We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Sue

OK Mike. left a message but not heard back. Sure we will all fit in : )

MarkS

Quote from: Fay
I may go down on the thursday

I can't see you ...

Fay

you there then? if you had told me i would have gone
It is healthier to be mutton dressed as lamb, than mutton dressed as mutton!

MarkS

Quote from: mickw

Good luck to you - in these winds ...

mickw

Quote from: MarkS on Jun 07, 2013, 07:36:55
Quote from: mickw

Good luck to you - in these winds ...

How did you know I have terrible wind  :o