• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

OAS Astrophotography Competition 2023

Started by Carole, Jun 01, 2023, 09:51:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Carole

This is the official thread for Deep Sky and Solar System to upload your images/photos for the competition, more details coming in subsequent E Mail.

Competition only for members of OAS.

Submissions closing date: 30th June 2023

Categories (you may enter up to six photos in each category):

A)    Deep Sky Images
B)    Planetary and Solar system Images & comets
C)    Widefield Images/Photos (Can be DSLR or Smartphone).  *
D)    Smartphone only photos **

A winner will be chosen from each category, plus an Overall Winner will be chosen from the 4 winners.
* Category C)  Only using simple equipment, this includes travel imaging kit, but not full imaging set up guided using a camera lens (those should be submitted to Category A)

**  Category D) These can be any Astronomical photo using a Smartphone, either at the eyepiece, or handheld of the sky, or even fixing it to a tripod.  Or it can be of an Astronomical event but must be Astronomically related.  Can include Sundogs, Atmospheric phenomena, Noctilucent clouds, Aurora, Glories, Earth's shadow etc etc. 

Please Gives details of total exposure time, equipment used, Bortle Scale, year of capture:

You may change your mind about an image/photo submitted (up until the closing date and replace it with another, but you need to let me know you have done so, as I will compile the PDF as we go along and will need to substitute the image/Photo.

Please do not leave submissions to the last minute if you have them ready as this will help my time management.

Carole

Only 3 images received so far by E mail.

Carole

Only 3 more days to enter the competition.

Most have E Mailed me which is why this thread is empty so far.

Carole

Rick

Perhaps post a running total of entries by category from time to time?

Carole

So far the entries are:

A: Deep Sky - 21 entries (more promised but not arrived yet). 
B: Solar System - 7 entries
C: Widefield - 4 entries
D: Smartphone 11 entries

Carole

Tomorrow 30th June is the last day for entries.

Currently: 

A: Deep sky- 24 entries
B: Solar system 7 entries
C: Widefield - 4 entries
D: Smartphone - 19 entries