• Welcome to Orpington Astronomical Society.

News:

New version SMF 2.1.4 installed. You may need to clear cookies and login again...

Main Menu

OAS 3rd kenn Budd Lecture - This Saturday 15th

Started by Mike, Oct 14, 2005, 08:56:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

The OAS will reach its 25th birthday celebrations in October this year. Some members of the society will remember those early days when our president Gilbert Satterthwaite presided over events making sure the flegling group didn't just fade away. Indeed, under his guidance it flourished. Since then the society has seen many changes. Come and celebrate our 25th birthday during October. On Saturday 15 October 2005 we are holding the third Ken Budd Lecture Evening, at which Paul Murdin will be speaking. This public event is being held at Newstead Wood School, Avebury Road. It starts at 6:45pm.

Please can those who've volunteered to help with setting up the exhibition etc. arrive at 5:30pm. Please volunteer to help if you haven't already, don't worry no heavy lifting or anything like that is required.

Please bring your friends and family as it should be a very interesting talk and exhibition.

See you there !
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Mike

With utter amazement  :o  I found that the Bromley Extra printed my submision regarding the event today !! Shame it is only 1 day to go !!  :roll:

I have sent this to ALL the local newspapers every week for the last 5 weeks !  :evil:

Oh well, I hope a lot of people turn up tomorrow.

The publicity for this event has been :-

Posters in EVERY library across the Bromley C.C. patch. Also, a few in Dartford and Tunbridge Wells areas.
Flyers to local societys, i.e. history, art, etc.
2000+ flyers posted through letterboxes of properties in the vicinity of the school.
Mention in the Bromley Extra today.
We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology. Carl Sagan

Greg

Rachel and I thought - fantastic, bloody fantastic. The exhibition you guys put on was fabuluous; really made the society look like it was doing tons of stuff.

Thanks to everyone. Very much appreciated.

All the best

Greg and Rachel